SEBA Scholarships Awards
“SEBA awards scholarships annually and in the amounts of a $5,000 Richard E. Scovel Scholarship, a $2,500 SEBA Scholarship and a $1,000 Reserve Scholarship. Applications are accepted at the beginning of the calendar year until April 1."
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
- Dependent child of a SEBA member in the following units: Safety, Safety Management, Specialized Peace Officer, Specialized Peace Officer Supervisory, or Specialized Fire Services; a Retired member from one of the above units; Reserve member; Child of a member who died in the line of duty; or SEBA employee.
- Will graduate high school in June of this year.
- Upper 50% of his/her graduating class.
- In good standing within his/her community.
YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER MUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHEN APPLYING:
- Obtain a transcript of high school grades.
- Write a letter of intent stating the following:
Submit letter and transcripts to:
Sheriff’s Employees’ Benefit Association
735 E. Carnegie Dr., Ste. 125
San Bernardino, CA 92408
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
Application must be received no later than April 1st.
The Scholarship Committee may interview top applicants prior to selection. Recipients will be notified by May 15th.
Scholarships will be paid to the college as follows:
$5,000 Richard E. Scovel Scholarship - $1,500/year first two years and $1,000/year last two years.
$2,500 SEBA Scholarship - $750/year first two years and $500/year last two years.
$1,000 Reserve Scholarship - $500/year for two years.
Recipients must remain continuously enrolled in college during the award period. Termination of enrollment in college will automatically terminate award. Good luck!